New Blog: Extracting Telegram Photos

• Jake Creps delivers his latest article

Another week, another OSINT workflow. This week we’ll take a look at how you can extract Telegram photos at scale using free tools. This guide will use browser extensions with Chrome or Edge and will get you from A to B in 2 easy steps. Let’s get started.

Step 1: Find a Telegram Channel

In order to extract photos as scale from a Telegram channel, first you have to find one. Although telegram.org is the domain for Telegram, it’s not the domain that’s used for channels when viewed from the desktop web browser. Instead, we have to look for t.me. Here’s how you can do it using a Google dork.

site:t.me

This tells Google to only show you results for Telegram channels or users, depending on which pages show up. You’ll likely see millions of results using on this command, so we’re going to have to narrow this down a bit using keywords. In this case, we’re going to look for Telegram groups that talk about qanon or have content about qanon in them.

site:t.me “qanon”

This should yield roughly 1000 results if you’re using Google or DuckDuckGo. Here’s what one will look like.

Now that we’ve found a channel of interest, it’s time to move onto step 2.

Lauren Mack
    Participant

Apologies- where is step 2?

Lauren,

I should have indicated the rest of the article is on the leaning page in the blog section. You can also type telegram on the search bar in the home page and you will get a link.
      Thanks,

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2020 Investigators Toolbox. All rights reserved

New Report

Close