What is the best Low Light Camera out on the market to use for a surveillance?

• I love the Lawmate Keyfobs, but is there anything else out there?

Mitchell Paul
    Participant

If it’s covert cams you’re looking for, I haven’t found anything I’m incredibly fond of in that department just yet. But if you need more of a main cam, I’ve heard good things about the sionyx night cams. They’re true night vision that don’t need any additional IR lamps or anything and actually have IR detection, so as an added bonus when you look through the view finder any security cameras in the area light up like search lights. Very helpful for night surveillance when security in the area can be quite difficult to pick out.

Samuel Lewis
      Participant

Here’s a decent looking key-fob hidden camera that runs about $100. I’ve been thinking of picking one up; no reviews on the website yet however.

– Sam

https://spy-spot.com/miniature-keychain-motion-detection-infrared-camera/

Lee Wilson
        Participant

I second the Sionyx camera. I bought my first one through a crowd funding campaign and when Sionyx was in their infancy. I now have four of them for use by others on my team

https://www.sionyx.com/

Sara Capelli
          Participant

Ditto on SiOnyx. But the zoom sucks. Anyone have a solution for?

Mitchell Paul
            Participant

I can’t say for certain because I’m still waiting on parts to come in, but the zoom sucks because it’s purely digital. I used to have a set up for my AR that had a zero magnification red dot sight paired with a 3x magnifier to give options for both near and mid range viewing. I’m wondering if a similar set up would work here. I have a magnifier on its way, and then once it gets here I’ll need to craft some kind of mount for it to sit on and keep it even with the Sionyx, but that’s doable. If it works…..man I’ll be excited. I’ll let you guys know how it shakes out.

I have the Sionyx Aurora Sport and I have to say I couldn’t be more impressed with the low light capability.

I am still amazed by how it manages to bring the night to life in colour like it does and that’s only at 720p. It also has a green scale as well as grey depending on your needs but the colour night vision is phenomenal in my opinion.

I also have a Bushnell night vision monocular and whilst this does the job, the viewfinder can become blurred and its zoom capability isn’t that great and the intuitiveness of control is tricky.

Next to the Sionyx, it pales in comparison. The sport version which I have (the cheapest in the range and also looks like it’s belongs to R2D2 – google for images) is amazing and is so small you can use it as your daytime camcorder too without detection as it can be palmed in my hand.

An amazing but for investigators everywhere and I’m already saving for the top of the range one which improves in the sport in every way (apparently).

Anyway hope this helps and greetings from the U.K.

Sara Capelli
              Participant

SiOnyx is 100% the best on the market for night documentation. However, I use for infidelity cases so I need a larger distance from Subect/Paramour. What am I not doing right?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2020 Investigators Toolbox. All rights reserved

New Report

Close